Thursday, June 3, 2021

Origami Owl

A buddy of mine invited me to  a "jewelry party" ;. I'd never been to one before but had heard about things like this.  I wanted to go and support my friend, obviously, so I went.  What I discovered was pleasantly surprising, so I needed to share my experience with you... the story behind the organization and how it started was quite inspiring.

I had never heard about this kind of company before, it's called Origami Owl.  The idea is to share with your story through jewelry.  In the beginning glance, for me anyway, being 42 years old.... it looked quite "young" and I wasn't sure if I'd wear any one of it.  With that said, the jewelry was adorableThey've "Living Lockets" which you may fill with charms of your choosing.  You are able to collect different charms and switch them out normally as you prefer, depending of your mood for the day!  You can also make one for someone special that has such meaning and thought behind it as a result of what's inside!  The lockets start like in the picture above and snap close with a magnet.  The magnet is quite strong, actually clicks closed and feels very secure.  The lockets themselves have a wonderful weight for them that feels high quality.  They can be found in different colors... silver, gold, rose gold, even black.  They also come in different sizes and are either plain or have crystals round the edges.

They've more than simply necklaces.... they've bracelets and earrings too.  They've TONS of cute charms to choose from... anything you are able to think of really.  Also all of the birthstone colors, plates with sayings to them that will fit inside.  What you may put inside, it just "floats" around in the locket.  Here are a few pics from their catalog so you can see a few of the different ways you are able to design your own personal "Living Locket"!....

Charms aren't a fresh concept, but being done in this manner is extremely clever.  I can easily see how this has become this kind of huge trend with young girls (and older women!)... I understand I would've wanted so a number of these when I was an adolescent!  There are a myriad of chains to select from too in different lengths... the mixing and matching possibilities are endless.

One more thing I LOVE about this company is this... as it started with a mother and daughter team, they allow girls as young as 12 years of age to become Independent Designers for the organization provided that they're supervised by a parent.  What a wonderful way to connect with your youngster, keep these things learn responsibility, and build confidence by running their particular business!  The business gives back and has made it their mission to greatly help others achieve their dreams by being fully a "Force For Good". They've also partnered with Childhelp, an organization specialized in transforming and saving the most innocent go now, vulnerable and often voiceless lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Origami Owl

A buddy of mine invited me to  a "jewelry party" ;. I'd never been to one before but had heard about things  like  this.  I wa...